Thursday, April 24, 2014

Gratitude

Transitioning is hard; yet, so much of life is about facing changes and learning to adapt.  My body is changing as I get older, my family life is changing as my children get older, and sometimes it feels strange and sad.  I try to shift some of my anxiety to excitement and some of my frustration to acceptance and sometimes I am more successful than other times.  I must keep adapting to change.

This chapter is the last chapter of my manuscript.  It is on gratitude.  I have a lot to be grateful for even though I feel like I am losing a part of myself as my children move on in life.  I think of the 29 years I have spent being a mom and now that role is shifting.  It isn't going away, but it is taking on a different hue.  It's hard to explain.  I am learning how to adapt to another change in my life.  Gratitude is a great tool to have in our tool box of coping skills.  It doesn't always make everything the way we wish it could be, but it helps to shift our perspective to help us see life in a way that helps us to adapt.  I need a lot of help sometimes.

Carry On!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7jPs-wKTuOuM2tVT1J5bHBFQk0/edit?usp=sharing  

2 comments:

  1. Elsina needs to hurry up and give you a grandchild to make the transition complete.

    With every post I tell myself I need to read your chapters, but being in that stage of being a new parent makes it difficult to find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing!! :)) Your words flow so well! You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! It shows in your work! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!! :))
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete